Friday, October 3, 2008

Visitors from Oklahoma










My dear friends the French's came to visit. I wish I could say just us, but the Mouse had something to do with it as well. They arrived Saturday and spent two nights with us. We had a blast we made homemade pizza pockets and salad master chicken (my favorite) Donovan, Keith and Reagan went to the beach. There was Wii played, football watched and great conversations. 3 squared the fun! Then they left and Addison and I met them and then spent the night at Disney with them. It was a blast! 3 adults and 3 kids in 2 full beds and an air mattress. Great times! Addison and I left only to return a few days later to stay with Keith's parents. We met them for a great pool evening (thanks to Jan and Ken) and fireworks and then they came home with us for more fun. Taryn and I enjoyed a morning kid-free at the scrapbook store and wal-mart. Yeah us! Keith wanted to attempt to make wings in the "salad master" pan. So we got the wings and "Hooters" wing sauce and Donovan got to cooking! They turned out really well! Addison was in heaven! Not for the wings but for the friends! Hudson and Reagan were adorable with her. They played with her, loved her and helped her. We were so sad to see them leave. We hope one day we will live close enough to each other to make this a weekly occurrence!! Thanks to the French family for "3squared" the entertainment! (more pictures to come...)

2 comments:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

Cute new background. What is a salad master pan?

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

I should just e-mail you, but I'm too lazy. The key to my running has been #1) good partner. I enjoy her company, she knows how to push me, and we're both committed. #2) Baby steps. I started with running for one minute, then walking for two, etc. Soon I was running half a mile, then a mile, now almost three. But it's taken 3 months to get there. As far as the waking up early. That goes back to the partner, I would never do it if I didn't know she was waiting for me in my driveway. And it has gotten easier. I nap about half the days and go to bed earlier. We started with 3 days a week on that too. Then after a couple of months went to 5 or 6 (but not too early on Saturday). If one of us moves, I'm getting a treadmill. I think that would be the easiest way to do it if I didn't have a partner. Whether you run or not, I am LOVING myfitnesspal.com Check it out. Love you too!