










I am not sure where to begin other than I did something I was afraid to do an ended up enjoying myself....somewhat. This past weekend we took a cruise to the Bahama's and to see our dear friends and neighbors get married. The Wedding was beautiful! After the wedding and the boat left the port, we had to go through the muster drill. We ended up in the wrong area so, glad it wasn't a real emergency or there wouldn't have been room in the life boat! Then I got sea sick. At one point in the day I had taken "Bonnie" -didn't work, "Dramamine" - didn't work, the wrist bands - didn't work! So at the "pre-dinner show" Kari's mom asked me if I wanted to try the trans dermal patch and I said PLEASE!! So after about ten minutes of wearing the "patch" my face felt like it was on fire and then.....BAM no sickness, no dizziness, no worries! All day Saturday in the Bahama's I felt great. We went to "Senor Frogs" to catch up on the football scores. At that point the Sooners were winning so we headed off to bargain for a wind chime to bring home for Addison. I got a $25 wind chime for $15 (thanks to Kari and Greg for their tips on how to shop the straw market) I really only wanted to pay $10 but the guys refused to go that low. So then we took a water taxi to Atlantis. What a beautiful hotel. I think we walked about 5 miles that day. 2 of which were on the beach and my calves burned! When we returned to the ship it was time to get ready for formal night, our waiter was hilarious! He had tons of off-colored jokes. That was fun and the shows were great fun. On Sunday we stopped at Royal Caribbean's private island CocoCay. It was beautiful! We snorkeled and saw so many beautiful fish. While snorkeling we had seen some ray's at the bottom of the ocean, no big deal right? Well on our way back to the shore I was looking around and out of the corner of my eye I see this ray swimming right at me, looking at me and I thought he was out to "barb" me! Panic struck! I let go of Keith's hand and raced as fast as my flippers would carry me and got the heck out of dodge. It never occurred to me I had just left my husband behind to fend for himself, but being the strong capable man he is I knew he would be fine. Crisis averted in my mind. Keith said the ray was just barley off the floor but it didn't look that way to me. When we got back on the ship we relaxed and then it hit me. We had gone to dinner and then at the show I started to feel sick. Really sick! So I excused myself and booked it back to our room where I stayed the rest of the night. My dear husband joined me a little later and cleaned the bathroom up and ran to get another patch. At that point I only had 6 hours until we got back to the port and I couldn't wait! It is Wednesday and I still feel like I am on the boat. I hope that goes away soon. Everyone who had been on a cruise before said this was roughest they had ever experienced so I guess that's good, the next shouldn't be so bad....I hope! After all the hoopla to go and freaking myself out and crying over leaving Addison for 4 nights, I had a great time, and wouldn't mind going again....in a year or two.
1 comment:
what a blast!! I love the beach!! you have such an adorable fam!!
Post a Comment