


















It's official, our baby is One. As I was watching her walk around the house, I couldn't believe how fast the year went. Everyone told us cherish every minute cause before you know it she will be driving. Now let's not go that far, driving? not my baby! but I definitely will cherish those little moments more. As I rocked her to sleep last night I couldn't help but tear up because she is so independent, doesn't want to be held, wants to feed herself etc.... I know that growing up is a fact of life but why so fast!
OK so on to the birthday bash. I had planned a polka dot party. Everything to be polka dots but that was more difficult than I thought. I started by making a tutu for her highchair, a happy birthday banner and polka dots for the whole house, circle pb and J sandwiches etc. Then as the big day approached I started thinking of birthday traditions for our family and I came up with taking a picture on the morning of each birthday just as she wakes up! When she's 18 she will hate it but get over it. I also will take a string and cut it as long a she is tall and her hand print. Then we will use the happy birthday banner I made each year. I am big on tradition and now that we have a child I can't wait to get started. So the party was tons of fun! We started out with wagon rides on the "polka dot express" the wagon was our gift to Addison. Then we played with bubbles by that time we had a break down so we sat her in her high chair and feed her peanut butter and jelly and then decided we better do the cake since (without her morning nap) we didn't think she would last that long. So side story: I had debated for a month about whether to make or buy her cake. I was leaning more to making her cake, but at the last minute decided that I would have Publix our local grocery store make it. I went in placed my order, called several times to ask questions and went early Saturday to pick it up. My little sister Ellen was in town she went with me and we walked to the bakery. I explained that we were early and just wondered if the cake was ready. I was so excited to see what I had envisioned and as she brought the box around I could see that it wasn't what I wanted or was told it would be, so after having a break down in Publix wondering if I should just go home and make my own, Ellen took the cake back to the bakery and they remade the Number one cake. I didn't have them remake the little cake. I was going to put my own dots on it but Ellen talked me down from my ledge and I let them put some dots on it. It wasn't that big of a deal, it was just her first birthday! So back to the party. After several verses of Happy Birthday, I brought out the cake and lit the one candle. I took the cake placed it on her highchair and waited...she tried to grab the flame, the first try averted the second try however wasn't so successful. She didn't actually touch the flame but it sure looks like it and I think she did touch some wax. oh the tears! So the cake was not how I had planned it, I thought she would dig right in but after calming down, she played for a few minutes, then tried to eat it with a spoon and feed her little pink duck. I then took her up stairs for a bath and outfit change. When we came back down we opened gifts and Addison was falling asleep clearly it was time for everyone to leave. I must say the hit of the party were these little pink ducks I had gotten for the party favor buckets, the kids loved them and they traded hands many times. Addison the whole day had to have a duck in one hand and the bucket in the other. She got a second wind around 5pm and laughed and played then she crashed around 6:30p.m. she slept until 8:30 this morning, which is the longest she has ever slept. What a day! Side note: tonight we gave her a tiny piece of cake after dinner and as soon as she saw it she started to squeal and grab for it. As soon as Keith put it down she shoved it in her mouth and licked her whole hands! Now that was how I originally planned her eating it. So for everyone who thought she didn't like sugar...Sorry!
I will post video soon!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Baby Girl. You looked Precious, loved the outfit changes. You will crack up at that when your older! Loved your cake, wasn't sugar worth waiting for! See you soon.
Post a Comment