Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Peanut!

WARNING: VERY LONG POST sorry for all the pictures. It's for my family!

My homemade jellyfish!

The Grotto
The Welcome Sign Keith made. Notice all the sea creatures.
The Party Favors! and Yes those are real Goldfish.

Addison, Gabe and Ava making their Crowns getting ready to dance to "Under the Sea"

The Birthday girl getting ready for her turn at Pin the Crown on Ariel

"What, I didn't do anything" Gabe had just taken his blindfold off and then replaced his sticker on Ariel's head.

It's Addison's turn...although she wouldn't keep the blindfold on either.

Playing in the water
The beach ball sprinkler that they wouldn't play with!

Addison and Ava "sharing" Dora

Opening gifts....
Time for cake! A Cupcake Cake is the way to go!
Her second birthday was no different than the first. Fork Please!!

Now her and Daddy can play Guitar Hero together!

Addison, Ava and Gabe playing with her new doll from aunt Jenny and her new baby carriage from Ava
Trying to get a family picture while eating cake isn't going to happen!

And her annual wake-up birthday morning picture!
This year Addison's birthday fell on Sunday so we decided to have her party on Saturday July 18th. She is very into the Little Mermaid right now so I picked a Mermaid theme. I found the perfect invitation and I was ready to go. We went all out hanging "jellyfish" and "bubbles" and fish from the ceiling and I found these darling puff flowers i thought could pass as anemone's. Thanks to Mike and Kari for coming to help. I had PLANNED on water activities outside and a mermaid tail race. Then we would come in for decorating crowns, I thought they could dance around to under the sea, then play pin the crown on Ariel, eat cake and open presents and then finally bust open the pinata. It was simple. I invited 8 kids and family and all was good to go. Originally 2 kids couldn't make it and then Wednesday hit. Phone call after phone call, people cancelled. I started to get worried. So I made some adjustments and we went on. Gabe, Ava and baby Christian ended up being the only kids that came but that was fine. We didn't do the Mermaid tail race and the outdoor water activities didn't last long, but that was okay. We just went with the flow. I forgot to make the Mac and Cheese that morning so instead of just forgetting it like I should have I started it and Chad (Gabe's dad) finished it. Thank you Chad for stepping in and finishing it for Keith and I. You look great in an apron! Addison's cake was a cupcake cake in the shape of a crown. Addison blew the candle out but, I think Gabe helped a little. She wanted a fork before she would eat it and then ate all the icing first. She was in heaven. Shortly after that a storm started to roll in so everyone started to pack up and go. But not without their Goldfish! Addison had a wonderful party! Malyke had a blast sucking the helium out of the balloons afterwards. Addison had a very hard time going to bed last night and wanted to take her all her toys with her. Today we took her birthday money from Grandpa Ron, Mammie and Grandad and Uncle Terry and went to Toys R us to let her pick out a doll house. She was very particular with what she wanted and I will post about that soon! Thank you Jan for the Seafood dip and Sea blanket and Mom and Dad thank you for helping with the party we wish you could've been here.