













Addison is getting older and that means more activities. As most of you know we go to Gymboree Play and Music. We love it. Addison has so much fun running around, climbing things, popping the bubbles, and dancing with Gymbo (the scary clown.) Now that she is older more classes are available for her. Last week we tried Music Class. She liked the maracas and the individual drums, but she lost interest in the Beatles music they were playing. She loves music. She always has, even in the belly. While I was pregnant, I was working at Pottery Barn Kids and on the late night or early morning drives I would play Lionel Richie and she would flip and kick and move more than any other time. Now she dances to any music and will stop whatever she is doing to dance. She also conducts the music, something I give my mom credit for. While in Tulsa in August at Church my mom took Addison's hands and directed the hymns. Addison about 3 months ago developed a love for coloring. She always loved the crayons, the taste and feel, but never really colored more than a scribble. Now the artist in her is unleashed. Gymboree has an Art class for her age and we went yesterday. She wore her smock proudly (I was relieved since I don't have messy clothes)! She started painting on the walls (covered in paper) then she moved to the chalkboard wall and colored with chalk for a while. Then class started and so did the projects. She painted a turkey, played in the rock table, was afraid of the play dough, listened to story time, glued leaves on a wreath and built towers with blocks. She had so much fun that she cried when we left. Now to just get her to understand we only color on the walls at Gymboree!! Here are some pictures of her fun experience with Art!
2 comments:
I love her little smock!!! She looks so cute and like she had a blast! By the way, I look here on your blog all the time. And I hope you remember who I am. I'm Ben Eastman's little sister.
Addison Monet Richardson, If you're half the artist your father is and half as creative as your mother...... you will be fully rolling in the dough, my little friend.
You are so precious, keep up the good art... you are one lucky little girl to have a mommy who takes you to classes and encourages your artistic abilities and a daddy who works hard to pay for it!
Love you guys!
Taryn
Post a Comment