Friday, September 11, 2009

Addison and "Creative Dance"

Galloping with Ava
Warming Up
Waiting her turn



Since her 2 year doctor's appointment, I have been trying to come up with activities that would challenge Addison's "Gross Motor Skills". The Doctor said she was so advanced in the fine motor skills department that gross motor skills is where Keith and I would have to push her. He figured all that out in one question. "Can she jump?". At that point she wasn't jumping. We have had her in Gymboree since 8 weeks old, but she had always been very careful when it comes to putting her life at risk. Like Climbing, Running etc... So we signed her up for Gymnastics and that has pretty much cured any common sense she had. Now she is jumping everywhere and doing somersaults all over the house. Yeah! Check that off the "List" Dr. Tebbe. Now that she is running around acting crazy I want her know how to act like a lady so I enrolled her in Ballet, or "Creative Dance" as they call it for 2 year olds. My dear friend Tara also enrolled Ava, so it's good she has a friend in the class. I was a little nervous because this would be her first class that I'm not allowed in the room, but she did fine without me. I don't know who loved it more, the girls or Tara and I. Now if we can just wait 'til the recital!

No comments: