Wednesday, January 19, 2011
A year ago today.
A year ago today, Keith's Dad Ron passed away. I wanted to do something each year to make sure the kids remember him. His Birthday was Jan 4th and I wanted to wait this year until today. So this morning Addison, Reed and I said a prayer for Grandpa Ron and looked through pictures we have of him and Addison with him. Then when Keith got home we wrote our notes to Grandpa Ron on our balloons and went outside to release them. We said "we love you Grandpa Ron" and let them go.We watched them til they reached "heaven" and then went inside. Addison drew a great picture of him on hers and wrote his name on another for Reed. During dinner Addison said "I'm going to go check to see if he sent one back". We wish he could. Each year on his birthday going forward we will as Addison put it "make a cake" and celebrate the life he had here and remember him in our lives throughout the year as well. Sorry the pictures are backwards.
There they go!
All of our Balloons ready to go.
Addison holding the balloon she made for Grandpa Ron. It is a picture of him she said.
Update: 1/21/2011 This afternoon we were driving in the car and out of the blue Addison said "I think our balloons made it to Heaven" and I said "oh" and she said "I think our balloons made it to Grandpa Ron, yeah they made it". I wanted to ask her how she knew but when I looked in the rear view mirror she was looking out the window and whispering and I didn't want to interrupt her conversation. She is such a special little girl, and no doubt in my mind she was talking to grandpa Ron :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment