Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December Recap

So December came and went in the blink of an eye! This post is backward but what can I say. At least I uploaded the pictures first before I wrote my piece. Baby steps. Maybe that can be a goal for 2010. So to end our December we had lots of Jumping at our house. December was filled with Family, Friends and alot of food. At the end of November, Addison and I traveled to Oklahoma for my Nana's Funeral we were having such fun and since we don't get there often enough we decided to stay a few days longer. While we gone our "elf Pip" came and decorated our whole house for Christmas. I can't thank Keith, I mean Pip for all his hard work. It was so great to come home from a long trip and have all the Christmas decorating outside and in completed. I just "had" to add a bow here or there and we were set. Then it was off for our annual trip to see the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney. Addison loved the Angels and the music. Grandpa even found a dance party with Mickey and Minnie. She is getting to be a great Dancer and will stop where ever she is to dance. Then it was Keith's work Christmas party, friends and food and oh yeah Christmas, so forgive me now for tons of pictures but I need to get all this down for journaling sake...


My parents gave Addison this darling trampoline for Christmas and she is in heaven.

Addison got a set of Princess shoes and this tiara from Santa.
After a long morning of opening gifts she settled in to the couch for some time on her computer.

When she came downstairs she looked around and then said "How did this thingy get here"
What was left of the Carrots and Cookies we left for Santa
We celebrate Christmas with Nana and Grandpa (Keith's Parents) on Christmas Eve. Addison really loved everything and Grandpa even scored a much wanted Zhu-Zhu hamster. I hope I can count on him each year to get the "it" toy.
Like Mother Like Daughter. Oh and the best part is, it really picks stuff up! Who said child labor was wrong.

Our dear friends the Bell's came over a few days before Christmas and we had so much fun. We went to the park, ate Pizza, wings, fries and crazy bread and then decorated cookies. It was a quick trip but a memorable one nonetheless. Here is Hannah with one of her masterpieces.
Addison and Gracie busy decorating...
At the park the girls had fun swinging, running and climbing these giant rocks.
Then it was time to see Santa (I will post better ones later) She was not so fond of Santa this year. She would sit there but anytime he talked or tried to take a picture she would lean as far away as she could.
I told you this was backward...Getting ready to see Santa
After the Dance Party!


Addison mailing her letter to Santa. I forgot to run and get it out of the mail box so it got "mailed" and a few days later Addison received a letter back from Santa. Wow what a surprise.
These are from our trip to Tulsa. Addison really took a liking to Gramie and "Maus" Grandad Maus. She would get so excited to go to stillwater. We even got Pedicures with them and Addison loved having her nails and toes painted.



Grandad Maus holding her as her nails dry!
I failed to get any pictures of my Mom and Addison but Addison took to her right away. She loved taking baths with Mammie, playing with Mammie, chasing the cat and sharing Mammies yogurt. My dad each night would read Addison to sleep and she still talks about it. She loves her Mammie and Grandad alot. She keeps asking when we are going to go back to Oklahoma. I hope it won't be to long.
So our December was action packed, as I am sure yours was. It has been a crazy year for us and we look forward to 2010 to see what adventures it brings.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Addison is so cute, Katie, and I mean extraordinarily cute. I'm glad she's getting a chance to know her Okie grandparents, too, it's difficult when the grands live so far away, isn't it? I miss you, and hope you're doing great!