
















This August Addison and I took a trip home to Tulsa. We had a blast and unfortunately had to cut it a day short due to TS Fay. We flew on Southwest and had a layover in Kansas City. During the 2 hour layover Addison was anxious to get out of the stroller so I let her. We walked all around running to the window and back to the chairs, on our third round Addison stopped and let the A/C vent blow in her face. She loved it. We did it a fourth time but this time she didn't stop and ran into the window and fell hitting her face on the A/C vent. So that should explain the marks on her precious face. We were greeted at the Airport by Grandad and Mammie. We had so much fun. Addison got to hang out with all her Aunts and Uncles from my side and Grammie and Grandad Maus, on the first day we were there. She was a little overwhelmed but did just great! At Grammie and Grandad's she walked all around. What a precious sight to see my 91 year old grandad keeping up with her, following her every move. He said they went into the bed room and Addison felt the soft blanket on the bed and then in the TV room she had to feel everything on the table. She loved having Grammie hold her and really loved their handheld massager. She took it everywhere. She meet their "pretty bird" after he flew around the room. It didn't even scare her! We went to eat at Mexico Joe's (a stillwater favorite) and she had a quesadilla (eat your stinkin food, Tina!) and even ate the lemon. She had a blast and we thought we would get to come back on Monday, or we would have stayed much longer. My grandparents are the greatest people I know and for my daughter to know and love them is so important to me. I promise we won't wait as long between visits! That night we ordered one of my favorites Mazzio's Pizza! Since the whole family was home it was a fun night of Olympic watching, cookie making, pizza eating fun. My dad had ordered a veggie pizza, now I had already feed Addison turkey and cheese and given her a bath but she was eyeing the veggie pizza. So after many attempts to grab a piece I thought "what the heck, it's vacation" so i gave in and was trying to help her. She didn't want help and my sister was quick to grab the camera to capture these darling moments. Sunday we enjoyed church with my parents and then came home to a famous Dad dinner of Turkey and Stuffing which Addison had her fair share of and for the first time ate mashed potato's. Now I know you are thinking what kid hasn't had Mashed Potato's but she had only known the sweet potato to this point. After getting cleaned up we went to visit my Nana. Addison walked right in like she owned the place. Walking everywhere to check out everything including the toilet. My Nana wasn't feeling great so she wasn't able to move around but Addison sat on the bed and explored her arms and face and then was off to explore the neat things around her room. We had a nice visit and wish her better soon. Addison got to spend time with Malyke. He was such a big helper to us when Addison was born and he was such a big helper to me on this trip. He was not afraid to take things out of her mouth that didn't belong, protect her from bill (Uncle Cullen's Dog) or the cats, follow her up the stairs so she wouldn't fall, feed her, help change her and run many more errands for me. He is such a great kid and a handsome one at that. He is always welcome at our house. The trip seemed way to short but was filled with many memories. It is hard to live so far from so many people that I love. I wish we could visit each week or month, but I will just have to make the most of the time we do share. Thanks to everyone who helped or jumped through hoops to make our trip great. I'm sooner born and sooner breed and when I die I'll be sooner dead!
As I am looking for what pictures to post I am asking Addison "where's mammie" "where's grandad" "where's Aunty Em" "where's grammie" and she has gotten everyone right so far so, it seems you all made an impression on my little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment