




So we have been talking and planning on putting Addison in a big girl bed for about a month now. She hasn't figured out how to get out of the crib just yet but she sure tries. I figure why wait til she learns. So this week I convinced Keith that we should get her "big girl room" ready. We took Addison to Nana and Grandpa's Friday night so she wouldn't be here to smell the fumes. Saturday morning we got up and got started. We enlisted Mike and Kari (our dear friends) to help with the painting. I am sure in hindsight they were sorry for agreeing to help. We started by painting the light pink and then the dark pink. Kari and I ran to Lowe's for chair rail and then the painting continued. I wanted Stripes on the walls. So Mike and Keith started on the stripes. They turned out darling if I do say so myself. Keith and I put up the Chair rail and it was done. Thanks to my mom for buying the darling bedding and curtains. I can't decide if I like the quilt and shams but I am going to see what I think tomorrow. When Addison got home we showed her, her "big girl room" and she loved it. Well the bed at least. We still have work to do before we put her in there to sleep but I think she's really gonna love it (until she decided she hates pink!). A big thanks to Mike and Kari for helping all day!! We love you guys!
2 comments:
What an adorable room, Katie! You have always had a remarkable eye for making things attractive. You did a wonderful job on this room. Any chance you'll be driving through Bloomington, Illinois with a hankering to paint some more little girl rooms? I miss you, wish we were closer!
Aww, it turned out so cute. It was worth the pain and suffering, haha :)
Post a Comment